What is EverNote?Evernote
is a cross-platform
, freemium app
designed for note-taking
, organizing, and archiving. It is developed by the EverNote Corporation, a private company headquartered in Redwood City, California. The app allows users to create a “note” which can be a piece of formatted text, a full webpage or webpage excerpt, a photograph, a voice memo, or a handwritten “ink” note. Notes can also have file attachments. Notebooks can be added to a stack while notes can be sorted into a notebook, tagged
, annotated, edited, given comments, searched, and exported as part of a notebook
. Evernote supports the most popular operating system
platforms (including macOS
, Chrome OS
, Microsoft Windows
, Windows Phone
, BlackBerry 10
, and WebOS
) and offers online synchronization
and backup services
. Evernote is available in a paid version or a more restricted free version. The use of the online service is free up to a certain monthly usage limit, with more monthly use reserved for Plus subscribers, and unlimited monthly use for Premium customers. source: Wikipedia
HOW TO INSTALL EVERNOTE?
A. If you haven’t already done so, navigate to EverNote and click Download for Windows
Evernote for Mac and Windows Desktop
EverNote for iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch
- Install and update from the App Store.
EverNote for Android
- EverNote Web is automatically updated. If you’re using the old version of EverNote Web, get the latest version by clicking the ‘Try it now’ button in the banner at the top of the page.
B. You’re taken to EverNote Downloads, and the download should start automatically. If it doesn’t, click the “Click Here link”
C. When the download is complete, and you have to right-click the downloaded file to run the installation, click Run / Open.
D. After, You will see a User Account Settings pop up windows, click Yes, to accept the running program. You may see a message telling you to close some open applications.
E. Choose “Automatically close applications and attempt to restart them after setup is complete“. Click OK to close open applications. If you don’t, the installation will do, but a reboot may be required.
F. Wait until the configuration gathered the required information of your system.
G. Accept the End User Agreement Terms and click Install to start the installation process.
If you’ll notice the Advanced button, it’s referring to, “Install just for you” (for your own login profile only) or “Install for all users of this machine” (for anybody who has an account on your computer). Then click “Next
Installation progress will come next.
H. Click Finish on the next screen.
I. Automatically, the Evernote will open on its own. If you have already an account, you can sign up as well using your Google Account. Otherwise, you have to create your own account.
You’ve already perfectly installed Evernote now on your PC / laptop.
Right Click on the Evernote icon on your taskbar and scroll down to select “Pin to Taskbar
” to pin it, so that you can start Evernote easily without any hesitation and looking around on Start Menu bar. The Getting Started with Evernote page usually opens in your browser. If not, navigate to Getting Started with Evernote
Watch YouTube Tutorial! Most technopreneurs overcome …
… the never-ending
to-do list when it comes to business and blogging. Its terrible madness. You’ll feel a day isn’t enough to fill all the listed tasks you wanted to do. As a starting techpreneur, you will be a one-man job in your business: from admin to sales, to be a marketer, even social media manager, as well as a finance person, and many more. Not even just a starting businesses, this will be good for those growing business to share the tasks evenly to their co-workers in just one business account
HOW TO USE EVERNOTE
To release the Evernote power, let’s start digging its structure and composition. In Evernote, many users refer to it as their “external brain”, wherein they store anything and everything in one searchable application. As well as, you can easily access it wherever you are, using your smartphone, tablet, and laptop in any platforms like Apple, Android or Windows. Notebooks
keep one set of notes together—just like a physical notebook with different subjects —where tags served as bookmarks to related topics across different subjects – which is the note. New Note
– clicking this will enable you to type a note, create a to-do list, so a freehand, snapshots, record audio, store documents, and webcam capture. It so simple to use, just like a regular yellow pad, when you want to write an article, you’ll compose research before collating the content of information about your topic. From here, you’ll create a new note and type in the info you found, do some checklists of important details and start building your article with concise information. Tag is a simple way to categorize your notes by topic, so you can easily find all related notes with a simple search.
You can share a notebook with other users by right-clicking the notebook you would like to share and then clicking Share Notebook
. Click Share Public Link
to share your notebook publicly or Share with Individuals
to share with invitees only.
Me Using Ever Note …… like a journal –
I use EverNote to journals – like my diary – a reflection of my everyday feelings toward one another and what keeps bothering on my mind, my happiness and everything. … as brainstorming –
In my notebook “Strategy”
, where I put in any ideas I have to my life and business. Here, I use the ink note wherein I can draw the web-form connection of ideas to simply connect them one-by-one and come out with a simple strategy to use. … as online scrapbooks –
I created an “Inspiration” notebook wherein I can copy and paste inspirational stuff like designs, typography, quotes, code, and others. Evernote allows me to collect copies of those pages with one button. Even if the page has been removed, my copy will still be intact. …to store blog post ideas –
Whenever I have a new blog post idea, I’ll make sure that I will jot it down it into my notebook “Blog Post”
. In this way, I can schedule or plan when to post it, when to tackle, when to discuss, when to research and when to convey this idea or even check the status of these ideas. Sounds great, right? Easy peasy! One reason, you can do, is to communicate and share your ideas or details with someone from your team or other bloggers or business. I’m using the EverNote web clipper
browser extension. With one click, the entire article is saved into my EverNote. Good use of EverNote web clipper extension to:
- Save great articles for future references
- Save pages of courses I bought and taken serve as easy access and look-back
- Save websites for brand ideas and inspiration
- Save my research for my blog ideas and etc.
Search tips to turn you into a PRO:
- Notebooks: Enter notebook:\[notebook name] to search for notes stored in a specific notebook. For example, notebook: Apple will display all research related to my article about Apple.
- Tags: Enter tag:\[tag] to search for notes tagged with a specific keyword. For example, tag: history will display every note I have created that is tagged History. Entering -tag:\[tag], however, will search for all notes not tagged with that specific tag.
- Dates and Time: If you would like to find every note created on the last day, enter created:day-1 in the search box. Alternatively, the type created:day-30 to view every note created in the last 30 days, or created:\[YYYYMMDD] to view notes created on a day of your choice. For example, created:20140210 will show every note created on 10th February 2014.
- Files and More: Finally, enter resource:image/\* to view every note containing an image or resource: audio/\* for audio.
Well, It’s free, so why not grab this one? Evernote is an extremely versatile app and I have barely scratched the surface of what it is capable of.
Don’t forget to share with me your Evernote experience and how it helps you out to organize?
If you liked this post, please share this, then please subscribe to our YouTube Channel for more upcoming videos.
You can also find us on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.
It helps a lot with the growth of this blog.
It won’t take more than 10 seconds of your time. The share buttons are right here. 🙂